As described by the vendor:
This award-winning, full-text Canadian electronic reference combines
reliable information with the convenience, comprehensiveness and speed
of an electronic database. CPI.Q, the electronic version of the Canadian Periodical Index, provides the most-requested Canadian reference information available.
Useful to libraries, professionals, researchers, government
institutions and organizations, it contains a wealth of Canadian and
international periodicals — including Canada's national newspaper, The
Globe and Mail; Maclean's weekly magazine; Canadian News Facts; and
encyclopedic reference materials, such as the Canadian Parliamentary Guide and Canadian Newsmakers.
Designed to meet the needs of researchers at all levels, this
vast collection of periodical information is fully integrated, enabling
users to search the entire database with a single query. It yields a
variety of relevant periodical articles, biographies, company profiles,
historical documents, science and technology essays, and much more.
Over and over again, users turn to CPI.Q for:
- Indexing of nearly 1,200 Canadian periodicals (English and French) with full-text articles from 550 Canadian periodicals
- A bilingual interface (English and French)
- Current periodical articles integrated with Canadian
biographies, company profiles, historical information and many other
types of information
- Coverage of a broad range of subjects related to Canada
- Indexing from 1980 to present
- Full-text articles from 1983 to present