The Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) is widely
regarded as one of the world’s leading providers of evidence-based information
from across the globe, as well as tools to help healthcare professionals
implement an effective evidence-based practice program and provide the best
possible patient care.
This offer provides Academic libraries and Health
Authorities, Networks, and hospitals with the Complete Package composed of the EBP Database, Journals,
and Tool. Academic libraries can also select a smaller Academic package of the EBP database, journals, and 4 of the 8 tools, EBP Database and Journals. The healthcare sector can also select smaller packages - the EBP Database and Journals
Package OR the tools option.
The EBP Database and Journals Package contains:- Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database: the complete JBI EBP content set available via Ovid, which spans a range of medical, nursing, and healthcare specialties and includes evidence summaries, systematic reviews, best practice guidelines, and more.
- JBI Database of Systematic Reviews and Implementation Reports: systematic review protocols and systematic reviews of healthcare research. The Complete Package also contains the tools package. Health sector libraries can add this as an option:
- 8 tools (not available individually):
- JBI RAPID (Rapid Appraisal Protocol Internet Database) helps users learn how to critically appraise research papers and evidence for quality using a standardized checklist.
- JBI Journal Club - Learn how to start and maintain your own journal club and develop critical skills you need to accurately assess journals for the quality of their evidence.
- JBI SUMARI (System for the Unified Management of the Assessment and Review of Information) - Learn to develop, conduct and report on systematic reviews of evidence related to the feasibility, appropriateness, meaningfulness and effectiveness of health care interventions or professional activities.
- JBI TAP (Thematic Analysis Program) - Helps researchers in small-scale qualitative studies execution to extract qualitative data, categorize extractions, and organize categories thematically.
- JBI PACES (Practical Application of Clinical Evidence System) - Easily conduct timesaving, efficient, evidence-based clinical audits and change practice.
- JBI Manual Builder - Build an EBP clinical manual tailored to the information needs of your organization using a standardized JBI manual as a guide.
- JBI Consumer Pamphlet Builder - Assemble evidence-based information pamphlets for our patients or clients on a range of health topics.
- JBI CAN-Implement - Discover EBP recommendations and learn how to translate those recommendations into effective patient care.
The Academic Package contains the EBP Database, Journals and the 4 tools (JBI RAPID, JBI Journal Club, JBI SUMARI, and JBI TAP)